Firefighters responded to reports of a fire in a microwave at a home in Bank Row, Calne .

Fire crews, from Calne and Chippenham, were called to the property at 2.03pm yesterday, 26th March.

Two breathing apparatus wearers and one hose reel jet were used to extinguish the fire. 

Onlookers said smoke could be seen coming from the property from the street outside.

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service told us there was smoke throughout the house, three cats were located in the home and brought to safety.

The fire crew stop was at 3.20pm although crews remained on scene for a while longer. 


Want to know what’s on in Calne? Visit our local events page for listings and to find out how to add your own events for free.

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to keep up with all the latest news.

Have you got a story for us? Email editor​@​ or contact us here.