A study of 2,000 adults revealed Bond’s iconic DB5, which has featured in seven flicks to date, was the ultimate movie motor with 27 per cent of the vote.
Another car from the movie franchise, the Lotus Esprit S1, which featured in The Spy Who Loved Me, also made it into the top five
Herbie the 1963 Volkswagen Beetle came in at number four, while the 1948 Ford Deluxe more commonly known as ‘Greased Lightning’ and the Minis in The Italian Job also ranked highly in the top 40.
The Batmobile from Batman Begins as well as Tim Burton’s portrayal of the vehicle in Batman and Batman Returns were also firm favourites.
The research was commissioned by Uber Eats, which will be delivering the KFC Zinger Popcorn Bucket in famous movie cars such as the Batmobile, the Aston Martin DB5 and the Ghostbusters car.
Sunjiv Shah, general manager at Uber Eats, said: “It’s clear from our survey that most people would absolutely love to get their hands on one of these amazing motors to try them for themselves.
“Many of them are cars you could only wish to see flying down the road, so it’s an amusing prospect that one of them could turn up in your street to deliver a KFC order.”
It also emerged The Italian Job was seen as having the greatest car chase of all time, followed by Bullitt and The Fast and The Furious.
And the ultimate film car chase was said to include near misses, driving on the wrong side of the road and lots of crashes.
More than a quarter also thought police cars added good value, and 23 per cent love an explosion.
As a result, seven in 10 see cars as an integral part of cinema history according to the research via OnePoll.
The study also saw Steve McQueen, Sean Connery and Daniel Craig named the biggest icons behind the wheel due to their role in films featuring specific cars.
While more than a third said there was a particular car they’d love to own from a film were they to have the money, with Bond’s Aston Martin DB5 and the Ford Mustang GT Fastback the most desirable.
To be eligible for a movie car delivery, customers in London need to order the new menu item on Monday 4th October.
TOP 40 GREATEST CARS TO FEATURE IN FILMS
1. James Bond’s Aston Martin DB5 (seven James Bond movies to date)
2. Doc Brown’s DeLorean - 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (Back to the Future Trilogy)
3. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - Customised Paragon Panther (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang)
4. Herbie - 1963 Model 117 Volkswagen Type 1 Beetle (Five Herbie movies including ‘The Love Bug’)
5. James Bond’s Lotus Esprit S1 (James Bond - The Spy Who Loved Me)
6. Greased Lightning - 1948 Ford De Luxe (Grease)
7. Charlie’s getaway Minis - 1968 Austin Mk I Mini Cooper S (The Italian Job)
8. Batmobile/Tumbler (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight)
9. Ford Mustang GT Fastback (Bullitt)
10. 1960's Batmobile - Customized 1954 Lincoln Futura (Batman: The Movie)
11. Tim Burton’s Batmobile (Batman, Batman Returns)
12. ‘Bumblebee’ - 1977/2009 Chevrolet Camaro (Transformers)
13. Bandit’s Trans Am - 1977 Pontiac Trans Am (Smokey and the Bandit)
14. Ecto-1 - 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor (Ghostbusters)
15. Mr. Frye’s Ferrari - 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder SWB (Ferris Bueller's Day Off)
16. Louise’s Thunderbird - 1966 Ford Thunderbird (Thelma & Louise)
17. The Bluesmobile - 1974 Dodge Monaco with police package (The Blues Brothers)
18. Christine - 1958 Plymouth Fury (Christine)
19. ‘44 Toyota Supra Mark IV (The Fast and The Furious)
20. 1969 Mustang (John Wick)
21. Iron Man’s Audi R8 (Iron Man)
22. Dodge Charger (The Fast and The Furious)
23. The taxi (Taxi Driver)
24. 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T (Vanishing Point, Death Proof)
25. Ben’s Alfa Romeo - 1966 Alfa Romeo 1600 Spider Duetto (The Graduate)
26. Buck’s Pussy Wagon - 1997 Chevrolet C-2500 Silverado Fleetside (Kill Bill)
27. Pursuit Special - Modified 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT Coupe (Mad Max)
28. Lola - 1962 Chevrolet Corvette belonging to S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Phil Coulson (Avengers Assemble)
29. 'Eleanor' - 1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1 (Gone in 60 Seconds)
30. Iron Man’s Acura NSX Roadster concept (Avengers Assemble)
31. Marie’s 1989 Mini (The Bourne Identity)
32. Robocop's 6000 SUX (Robocop)
33. Ryan Gosling’s 1973 Chevrolet Chevelle (Drive)
34. The Dude’s Gran Torino - 1973 Ford Gran Torino (The Big Lebowski)
35. Milner’s Deuce Coupe - Customized 1932 Ford Coupe (American Graffiti)
36. Shaggin’ Wagon - 1984 Ford Econoline (Dumb and Dumber)
37. The Gigahorse (Mad Max: Fury Road)
38. 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX (Baby Driver)
39. Fozzie’s uncle’s Studebaker - 1951 Studebaker Commander (The Muppet Movie)
40. Cole Trickle’s race car - 1990 Chevrolet Lumina NASCAR (Days of Thunder)