Would you like a care job with a difference?
Are you kind, caring, fun and have a good sense of humour?
Then this might be the job for you…
We are looking for a very special person to join our team. The role is to support and befriend a bubbly young lady who lives in her own home. As she is dependent for all her needs, her staff team work 2:1.
This is an opportunity to work in a fabulous team supporting a gentle, giggly, happy young lady.
What is offered:
• Rate of pay £13.00 per hour (enhanced for Bank Holidays)
• Rolling rota – 2-3 x shifts per week(includes alternate weekends)
• Daytime shift patterns are 7am-6pm and 9am-9pm
• Sleep in shifts are 6pm-10pm plus sleep in finishing at 7am
• This role includes some sleep in shifts
• Contracted 25.5 hours per week plus 1 sleep in per week
• Annual contracted salary £19,292.00
• On-going training and support
• Opportunity to complete Level 3 and/or Level 4 Diploma
• 5.6 weeks paid annual leave (pro rata)
• Additional shifts may also be available
• A lovely working environment
What is required:
• At least 1 year of care experience
• Preferable to have hoisting experience (but not essential)
• To be able/willing to drive a wheelchair accessible vehicle
• To be flexible and able to work within a team
• To be caring, considerate, thoughtful and trustworthy
• To be willing to learn and have the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
• To take part in a varied lifestyle and look for new activities and opportunities
• To keep life fun and interesting
• This is a permanent/contracted role.
If you would like to make a difference then we would love to hear from you.
We are Higher Green Farm - a Supported Living service for adults with learning disabilities and autism in Devizes.
We’re seeking to recruit great new support workers - people with the right values and behaviours to work in our supported living service – could this be you?
You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent care worker - above all we want someone that shares our values.
• a commitment to quality and being the best we can
• treating the people we support with compassion and imagination
• showing dignity and respect to the people that they will be working with
• having trust and respect for all members of our team
Our support workers are focused on ensuring that, for the people we support, every day is amazing and that they can get as much as possible from every opportunity.
We are looking for Support Workers who are or have:
• Passionate about making a difference to people’s lives
• Honest, reliable and committed
• Positive and a good role model
• Great communication skills
• Enthusiastic and motivated
• A full driving licence and car is essential, and mileage is paid
We do not provide personal care and we do not support people with challenging behaviour.